Call For Directors for 2017 - Our 60th Anniversary Season!
The Brookfield Theatre for the Arts is currently accepting submissions for our 60th Anniversary season! We are asking enthusiastic directors, willing to share their energy and talent, to propose shows that are challenging, entertaining and inspiring for prospective performers and audiences.
We are seeking musicals, comedies, and dramas for our regular season (total of 5 shows with 7 to 14 performances each). We are also interested in proposals for script readings and other special projects to enhance our regular season.
Your proposal should include:
1. Your name, contact information, and a brief resume with relevant coursework and experience. Include at least 1 reference.
2. The show or shows you are proposing. Multiple submissions are welcomed and encouraged. Include alternates or your willingness to consider alternates if applicable.
3. Your thoughts on why, in general, you would like to direct this show at Brookfield Theatre during our 60th Anniversary season.
4. A brief outline of the production requirements for the show. Please include cast size, thoughts on casting, ideas for set, lighting, costumes, technical and creative aspects, any personnel that you may have or need, and any production challenges particular to the show you propose.
5. A copy of the script (plays) or recording (musicals).
6. Schedule preference (winter/spring, spring/summer, summer/fall, fall/winter) and any schedule conflicts.
The deadline to submit is Aug. 30, 2016. Proposals may be sent via email to BrookfieldTheatreCT@gmail.com or by mail to: Attn: Lou Okell, TBTA, PO Box 528, Brookfield, CT 06804
If you are not familiar with the theater, visit our history page to see a list of recently produced shows and special events, or you can send a private message or email BrookfieldTheatreCT@gmail.com with any questions.
Our 2017 season will be announced at our annual Paddys celebration on Sat., Nov. 26, 2016.
Thank you, Lou Okell, President The Brookfield Theatre for the Arts